Volume 26, Issue 4, pp. 597-606
- Received October 7, 2016.
- Revision received November 18, 2016.
- Accepted November 23, 2016.
- Published first March 17, 2017.
Copyright & Usage
©2017 American Association for Cancer Research.
View Full Text
- Peter T. Campbell1,*,
- Christina C. Newton1,
- Cari M. Kitahara2,
- Alpa V. Patel1,
- Patricia Hartge2,
- Jill Koshiol2,
- Katherine A. McGlynn2,
- Hans-Olov Adami3,4,
- Amy Berrington de González2,
- Laura E. Beane Freeman2,
- Leslie Bernstein5,
- Julie E. Buring3,6,
- Neal D. Freedman2,
- Yu-Tang Gao7,
- Graham G. Giles8,
- Marc J. Gunter9,
- Mazda Jenab9,
- Linda M. Liao2,
- Roger L. Milne8,
- Kim Robien10,
- Dale P. Sandler11,
- Catherine Schairer2,
- Howard D. Sesso3,6,
- Xiao-Ou Shu12,
- Elisabete Weiderpass4,13,14,15,
- Alicja Wolk16,
- Yong-Bing Xiang7,
- Anne Zeleniuch-Jacquotte17,
- Wei Zheng12, and
- Susan M. Gapstur1
- 1Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia.
- 2Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland.
- 3Department of Epidemiology, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts.
- 4Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Insitutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 5Division of Cancer Etiology, Department of Population Sciences, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California.
- 6Divisions of Preventive Medicine and Aging, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts.
- 7Department of Epidemiology, Shanghai Cancer Institute, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, P.R. China.
- 8Cancer Epidemiology Centre, Cancer Council Victoria, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; and Centre for Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- 9Section of Nutrition and Metabolism, International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC-WHO), Lyon, France.
- 10Department of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Milken Institute School of Public Health, George Washington University, Washington, DC.
- 11Epidemiology Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health/Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
- 12Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee.
- 13Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Tromsø, The Arctic University of Norway, Tromsø, Norway.
- 14Department of Research, Cancer Registry of Norway, Institute of Population-Based Cancer Research, Oslo, Norway.
- 15Genetic Epidemiology Group, Samfundet Folkhälsan, Research Center Helsinki, Finland.
- 16Department of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 17Department of Population Health, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York.
- ↵*Corresponding Author:
Peter T. Campbell, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303. Phone: 404-327-6460; Fax: 404-327-6450; E-mail: